You have probably been there – hot summers day, nice picnic spread and a couple of bottles of beer, but then, uh oh, no beer opener!
This will normally lead to you trying to open the beer on trees, walls, or anything else hard within reach, resulting in you chipping the bottle and risking death or serious injury from consuming your cold, refreshing beer with added glass shards… or you might just give up altogether.
Well, this is literally never going to be a problem if you are with a German. You see Germans can open bottles of beer with ANYTHING. I have seen beers opened with lighters, keys, credit cards, coins, horns, back scratchers, saws, hammers and even ANOTHER BEER. I think this was the pinnacle of my German integration, the day I successfully learned how to open a bottle of beer, with another bottle of beer and it’s now my party trick.
For the curious, – here’s how it is done:
- Grasp the beer you want open around the neck, with your knuckle right up near to the bottle cap
- Take the other beer and hold it in your right hand around the middle and turn it upside down
- Place the beer caps together and using your left index finger hold the bottle tops together
- Squeeze tightly and lever the beer in your right hand down, using your knuckle as a fulcrum
- If you are holding it tightly enough, the lever action will pop open the beer in your left hand, leaving the lid of the beer in your right hand intact
- Enjoy the feeling of being ALL MAN
- Consume delicious beer